Popular Posts

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Dialogue Writing


Dialogue Writing:
What Is a Dialogue?
Tariq Ahmad Malik
A Conversation between two or more persons is called a dialogue .The dialogue is an every day social activity. When people meet they often exchange greetings ,interact about whereabouts, professions, hobbies and other daily routines.
Dialogues are often the spoken language segment and follow all the rules of the spoken language.

Basic Features Of Dialogues:

        i.            Less Formal Language.
      ii.            Use of contractions.
    iii.            Use of slang.
    iv.            Quick advantage of tone and body language of the speaker and listener.
      v.            Immediate response and feedback.
    vi.            Sentences uttered according to the response received.
  vii.            No strict grammatical rules.
viii.            Often lacking standard language norms.
    ix.            The tone decides the nature of the sentence

**Slang: An informal language understood by certain groups.While slang is perfectly acceptable among peers, and on social media but should be avoided in writing.

Specimen Dialogue:
Qno.1. Complete the dialogue between Nasir and Yourself.
Sol.
 Nasir:  Hello! Is it 9419125586?
Yourself: yes please, Whom do you want to talk?
Nasir:  Could I please talk to Mr Khan?
 Yourself: I am afraid , Daddy is not at home. Do you have any message for him?
Nasir: Yes, please tell him that the meeting fixed for today stands cancelled.
Yourself : It has been cancelled? That is right.
Nasir: Please also tell him to call me back on this number. Will you?
Yourself: Yes uncle, I have noted it down and will remind him of it.

Specimen.2 (Regular 2011)

Shalley: Hello Neera! It is so nice to meet you again after such a long time.
Neera: Same pleasure to me . My father has again been transferred to this city after two years. I again joined Govt College for Women last week.
Shalley: Really! Which stream have you taken up?
Neera:  I have taken up medical stream.
Shalley:  Good! I have also taken up medical stream.
Neera: Oh really! It shall be a great fun if we got the same section.
Shalley : Yes, but which section is yours?
Neera: I have yet not known it . They said they would allot the sections on Monday.
Shalley :  I pray to God to put us in the same section.
 Neera:  I do also pray for the same. Now by the way where are you going?
Shalley :  My mother is not feeling well. I have to get back to my home.
Neera:  What is the problem?
Shalley : Just high blood pressure.
 Neera:  Give me your address. I will visit you someday.
 Shalley: Ok. It is House No.14. Bonapora Behrampora.

Spicimen.3 
(Dialogue between Anjali and Shahid.
Shahid: Hello, Is this 906699064?
Anjali: Yes, but who is on the line?
Shahid: I am her friend, Shahid.
Anjali: It’s Shahid. Where from are you calling?
Shahid: I’m calling from Srinagar International Airport. I’m here for a visit.
Anjali: That is great, but why didn’t you call me before?
Shahid: I wanted to give you a surprise.
Anjali: Stay there  . I’m coming. Will you mind waiting me there.
Shahid: I’m waiting. How much time will you take?
Anjali: Well, If there is no traffic jam . It will take me half an hour.




No comments: